Should everyone in your band be on the same vocal mic or does it make more sense to let the singer choose a mic? What about the sound engineer’s opinion? These are important questions to ask, and Paul throws them into the mix for he and Dave to discuss.
Getting the gig: what kind of demo or sample do you need? Years ago that was audio, but now is it video? Again, Paul and Dave discuss.
First, though, in this final show of 2016, your two favorite Weekend Warriors pay a little tribute and remember some of the more notable musicians we’ve lost this year.
All this and more in this week’s GigGab!
- 00:00:00 GigGab 96 – December 28th, 2016
- 00:02:06 Musicians Gone By 2016
- 00:12:50 Demos as a path to getting a gig
- 00:15:23 Go into a studio or self-record?
- 00:17:27 What about video?
- 00:19:50 Audio can work, but..
- 00:20:50 Live video is the answer!
- 00:22:01 The importance of snippets and a highlight reel
- 00:23:38 Loudr <https://loudr.fm>
- 00:24:47 Licensing Fees
- 00:26:32 Should everyone be on the same vocal mic?
- 00:33:46 Happy new year!