Today your two favorite working musicians launch right into a verbal jam session, with topics seemingly all over the map, but tying together in the best ways. Are you like Paul where you’re looking forward to every gig all week and all day? Or are you more like Dave where you’re ecstatic to do the gig, but the logistics are enough to convince you that a cancelation is A-OK?
Continuing the analysis, when you go see a band do you just let go and enjoy? Or do you enjoy while simultaneously noting all the things you’d either like to add to your own playing or intentionally avoid? How do you feel about a drummer who can’t – or doesn’t – keep time?
Lastly, are weed bars the future of live music venues? All this and more on GigGab!
- 00:00:00 GigGab 108 – Monday, March 27, 2017
- 00:01:07 Apple Market Forum
- 00:01:26 Letting the music be your outlet
- 00:03:55 Dave’s Internal Dialogue
- 00:05:40 Let It Be, Dave!
- 00:06:10 Green Day: Why only floor toms in the subs?
- 00:09:01 Green Day: Time matters!
- 00:16:49 Superstition on Sesame Street!
- 00:17:46 Expanding your band’s reach
- 00:22:52 Are Weed Bars the Future of Live Music?
- 00:23:19 Always Be Performing… Serendipity Will Eventually Catch You!
- 00:24:44 Fun with Numbers
- 00:25:08 Creating your own gigs to build the scene
- 00:28:43 Defining the cover charge
- 00:31:22 Cover musicians rely on the stars aligning
- 00:36:21 What do you charge?
- 00:37:42 GG 108 Outtro