Drummers always seem to have a different perspective, and perhaps that’s because they literally have a different place from which they view a gig. If there’s a theme to this episode, that’s certainly a contender! Double-bookings happen, though, and Dave found himself in that scenario. He and Paul talk through what to do in that situation. To start, though, a quick conversation about trusting your crew. That’s an important element in the enjoyment of a gig. All of this just one click away. Press play and enjoy!
- 00:00:00 GigGab 114 – Monday, May 8, 2017
- 00:03:39 How much sound gear is enough?
- 00:06:30 Get to the gig… and it’s double-booked!
- 00:13:23 Fighting for your guys!
- 00:19:33 Drummer’s Vantage Point
- 00:26:45 Line of sight to everyone
- 00:27:35 Who has the baton?
- 00:30:28 Four hour gigs?
- 00:32:07 Managing the weather
- 00:34:00 Sitting in!
- 00:34:48 Those “Nirvana Days”
- 00:36:22 Always Be Performing!