Sometimes there are songs you play even though you don’t like them. Most of the time you play songs you like. If you’re lucky, though, every now and then you get to play a song you truly love. Yeah, yeah, we’re all pros and we always say, “my favorite song is the one I’m playing,” but that’s not necessarily true, is it?
Paul and Dave talk through different ways of navigating this reality in today’s episode. It won’t seem like it at first, but that’s how Gig Gab goes, doesn’t it? By the end, it’s all related. Come join the family. Press play and enjoy!
- 00:00:00 Gig Gab 163 – Monday, April 30, 2018
- 00:02:07 Understanding the role of a front person
- 00:05:43 Gary Cherone
- 00:09:24 Routing for your success
- 00:10:11 When it locks in like butter
- 00:13:00 What it takes to be a sub
- 00:18:32 SPONSOR: Simple Contacts – Save $30 Off Your First Order with GIGGAB
- 00:21:57 The Opportunity to Play Music that Matters To You
- 00:24:32 The magic sync!
- 00:28:17 Familiarity and Comfort Makes the Gig spectactular!
- 00:29:22 The musical dictionary that’s a part of who you are
- 00:30:27 The China Buddha Fat Man Conundrum
- 00:37:18 What happens if the energy coming back is less than the movie in your mind?
- 00:39:00 Lay it all out there
- 00:44:07 GG 163 Outtro
Podcast: Play in new window | Download (Duration: 44:55 — 21.1MB) | Embed
Subscribe: Google Podcasts | Spotify | Email | RSS | More