New Year’s Eve came and went for your two favorite working musicians. One of them played and one didn’t, and they have some stories to tell because both Paul and Dave learned some important lessons that night… and they share! Payment for your valuable services as a musician is definitely a highlight of this episode, and then it’s on to the care one must take when inserting a new member into your band (or inserting yourself into a new band). All this and more… on Gig Gab today!
- 00:00:00 Gig Gab 147 – Wednesday, January 3, 2018
- 00:00:51 New Year’s Eve
- 00:02:05 Playing with musicians that can turn on a dime
- 00:03:30 Be careful you don’t price yourself out!
- 00:07:25 Going to check out your local comrades
- 00:08:39 Back to NYE
- 00:10:44 Don’t be afraid to Ask To get paid
- 00:14:51 Contracts are good – except when they’re bad
- 00:19:01 Make it less nebulous
- 00:21:54 First Houserockers Rehearsal for Paul all Winter
- 00:24:27 Joining a new band: ask what your role is?
- 00:25:33 Juggling multiple versions of the same tune
- 00:28:28 “But the crowd’s not moving, Dave”
- 00:30:37 Giving people something to dance on
- 00:33:19 Pocket vs. Groove
- 00:35:30 Next time: Setlists!
- 00:35:57 GG Outtro