Always Be Performing is our “ABP” here, but there’s another famous one: Always Be Prepared! As musicians, we know how important it is to be prepared for a gig, and that preparation can start as early as you would like.
But what’s the best way to be preparing? Well… it depends upon the gig, and your two favorite weekend warriors have some examples to share! Listen as Dave and Paul talk through some recent (and some not-so-recent) gigs for which specific preparation paid off greatly.
And remember, Always Be Performing isn’t just a mantra… it’s a way of life!
- 00:00:00 Gig Gab 286 – Monday, January 4, 2021
- 00:02:00 Prepping for a one-off gig
- Be determined not to be the weak link
- Keep the communication going!
- 00:16:17 SPONSOR: Bandzoogle — Listeners can go to Bandzoogle.com to try it free for 30 days, and use the promo code “giggab” to get 15% off the first year of any subscription.
- 00:18:24 Committed to being ready
- Did you hone your chops?
- Make your Covid To-Did List
- Sal Soghoian: “When you turn fifty, stuff starts falling off.”
- 00:33:58 Gig Gab 286 Outtro