Have you ever peed next to a rock star? How about a former Vice President? Dave has peed next to both Dave Grohl and Al Gore, and for some reason Paul gets him to tell those stories perfectly in the context of your normally-scheduled Gig Gab. Guess which one has tighter security? You’ll have to listen to find out.
Also, Dave shares a few SXSW stories from the past as he prepares to head to Austin next week to attend the conference again. Then it’s on to discussion about how to market your band and get attention from the right people.
After that, your two favorite weekend warriors move on to discussing just how to prepare for a gig where you don’t know any of the tunes… and how to make it through those gigs, too! All this and more… that’s how you know it’s Gig Gab!
- 00:00:00 Gig Gab 156 – Monday, March 5, 2018
- 00:01:35 SXSW 2018
- 00:03:24 Magical Musical Moments at SXSW
- 00:05:16 Serendipity with R.E.M.
- 00:09:28 Sound City
- 00:10:49 Bathroom stars!
- 00:11:02 Get attention with performance descriptions, musical styles, and a picture.
- 00:14:40 Distinguishing your band with language
- 00:18:02 Like Jack Tempchin, leverage your highlights!
- 00:19:34 You need to deliver!
- 00:20:59 Video is incredibly important
- 00:23:38 Email isn’t dead!
- 00:26:20 MailChimp lets you hit the inbox
- 00:27:03 SPONSOR: TuneLicensing.com – GigGab2018 saves you 15% off licensing fees
- 00:29:19 Prepping Mad Haus. Just like being a sub in your own band.
- 00:33:18 pK and Friends. One night of tunes!
- 00:34:58 Working your intuition
- 00:36:50 It should follow the form… but it might not!
- 00:38:09 Big Eyes, Big Ears!
- 00:39:52 Like the record, or do it your own way?
- 00:44:51 Learn to hear the changes
- 00:46:37 Learn to hear the form
- 00:48:38 Show me the 1
- 00:49:09 GG Outtro