Your listener feedback this week brings Paul and Dave to some interesting places, first talking about the shortage of keyboard players, and wrapping up with a conversation about the glass ceiling for cover bands.
But first, your two favorite weekend warriors got a chance to play together last week, so there’s a lot to talk about there, too, including the concept of who is “right” on stage when someone makes a mistake?
Press play, download, and enjoy it all!
- 00:00:00 Gig Gab 214 – June 10, 2019
- 00:01:09 Dave sits in with the Houserockers
- 00:03:14 Sophomore slump
- 00:05:24 “Right” is consensus
- 00:13:23 Mis-counting measures
- 00:14:36 The tuning battle
- 00:19:57 The drummer as the producer
- 00:22:06 Game-Time Decisions
- 00:23:27 Vic Firth 5B DoubleGlaze
- 00:26:53 In tribute to Russ
- 00:29:42 Kevin-The Shortage of Competent Keys Players
- 00:40:08 Richard-The Glass Ceiling of the Cover Band Scene
- 00:53:21 Dress it up a little
- 00:59:00 Hit the stage and deliver
- 01:04:06 GG 214 Outtro