Before too long, what was once challenging becomes normal and comfortable, even if the music you’re playing is universally agreed to be “challenging”. So.. what to do?
Focus on your discomfort, that’s what!
Paul and Dave talk through this and share some recent experiences they’ve had in this department. Then it’s on to picking songs for your band, including a new litmus test your two favorite weekend warriors haven’t discussed in the past!
- 00:00:00 Gig Gab 290 – Tuesday, February 2, 2021
- 00:01:09 The glimpses of a re-opening
- 00:04:39 Jay Siegan: guarantees vs. the door
- 00:08:08 Don’t Get Cocky… Don’t Get Complacent, Get Uncomfortable.
- 00:23:13 SPONSOR: Bandzoogle — Listeners can go to Bandzoogle.com to try it free for 30 days, and use the promo code “giggab” to get 15% off the first year of any subscription.
- 00:25:00 Picking songs for YOUR band
- Phish’s Covers
- 00:41:31 GG Outtro
Podcast: Play in new window | Download (Duration: 42:22 — 29.6MB) | Embed
Subscribe: Google Podcasts | Spotify | Email | RSS | More