Have you ever stopped to think about how “the crowd” perceives your band’s image vs. how you perceive yourselves? It’s an interesting exercise, and sometimes it’s thrust upon you. Listen as Paul and Dave talk through their experiences with this.
Dave had to dig into the backup-bin while his IEMs were in the shop, and had an interesting revelation about just what can work for a gig!
And Paul had an all-too-familiar experience with a club trying to add live music to their “talent stack”, with mixed results. Listen for the warning signs, folks!
Oh, and always be performing, too!
- 00:00:00 Gig Gab 315 – Monday, August 16, 2021
- 00:01:42 Saw More Bands Than I Can Count
- 00:10:46 Used spare IEMs — Learned something!
- 00:14:44 SPONSOR: Bandzoogle — Listeners can go to Bandzoogle.com to try it free for 30 days, and use the promo code “giggab” to get 15% off the first year of any subscription.
- 00:16:55 Our band is seen differently from what we see
- 00:21:43 The (vibrant?) vibe of your area
- 00:34:40 Paul’s New Venue Vent
- 00:53:29 Gig Gab 315 Outtro