Sure, we rehearse, we practice (there’s a difference!), we craft setlists, and we gig…but what do you do to take care of your band as a unit? Paul asks Dave this pointed question and launches your two favorite weekend warriors into a discussion which digs deep into what it takes to make a band.
Dave had some interesting “friction points” at his gig on Saturday night, and shares a few of them here with everyone, and Paul talks about the success of his 100%-of-the-door gig, too, asking yet another pointed question, this time of all of you.
Listen, press play, email [email protected] with your answers, and yes, always be performing!
- 00:00:00 Gig Gab 339 – Monday, March 7, 2022
- 00:00:58 SXSW Next
- 00:02:47 Is Dave a Mexican Doctor?
- 00:05:14 Band Retreats
- 00:14:01 SPONSOR: Bandzoogle — Listeners can go to Bandzoogle.com to try it free for 30 days, and use the promo code “giggab” to get 15% off the first year of any subscription.
- 00:16:16 Friction Creates Energy!
- High-Impedence Air Gap
- 00:26:40 “100% Of The Door” Gigs
- 00:41:59 Why would you want to be a musician if you don’t have fans?
- 00:42:19 Dan-Only use K&M Mic Stands!
- 00:47:15 Gig Gab 339 Outtro