How competitive are you when it comes to booking gigs? When another band gets a gig you want (or used to have), how does that land for you? Listen as Paul and Dave talk through their thoughts on this.
Traveling around the country (and the world) as your two favorite weekend warriors recently have, it’s interesting to notice how music is different — and the same — everywhere else. Ain’t music grand?
What about when the music business ain’t grand, though? How do you approach gigs to ensure that you’re able to focus, play well, and perform? It’s not easy, but we need to find our ways of rising above!
Press play and enjoy…and hey, always be performing!
- 00:00:00 Gig Gab 371 – Monday, January 30th, 2023
- 00:01:27 A German-Italian Christmas (Music) in January?
- 00:03:47 N’awlins Music Scene
- 00:07:02 Monkey Fist
- 00:09:25 The Stakes of an Original vs Cover Gig
- 00:11:37 Adding a Member to the Trio
- 00:16:14 The competitive nature of booking gigs
- 00:18:03 SPONSOR: Bandzoogle — Listeners can go to Bandzoogle.com to try it free for 30 days, and use the promo code “giggab” to get 15% off the first year of any subscription.
- 00:19:42 Fling Gig on 15-minute changeover
- 00:30:55 No Drama The Day of The Gig
- Picking Up The Pieces
- 00:41:50 GG 371 Outtro