There’s no greater compliment for a musician than having someone catch the subtle things that happen on stage, and the bartender at The Midway Cafe caught all that and more this weekend.
Listen as Dave shares his tales about the gig, and yes, that includes the follow-up to Gig Gab 371’s shared backline saga.
That’s not all, though… Paul and Dave talk about vanity cover bands (there IS such a thing!), cash-only clubs, warmup routines, and being prepared for rehearsal.
Your two favorite weekend warriors packed a LOT into these 29 minutes, and all you need to do is press play and enjoy. Always be performing, folks!
- 00:00:00 Gig Gab 372 – Monday, February 6th, 2023
- 00:00:53 A follow up: The Gmail Story
- 00:04:04 Shout out to The Midway Cafe bartender: And It Hurts!
- 00:07:59 WeAll Will, the vanity cover band!
- 00:14:30 Martin, Morrell, and Fredette
- 00:16:34 Larry Newman opened for Chuck Berry
- 00:19:29 Two cash-only clubs in a row
- 00:21:10 Warmup Routine
- 00:22:56 Learning new material
- 00:25:29 Being Prepared for Rehearsal
- 00:28:13 GG 372 Outtro
Podcast: Play in new window | Download (Duration: 29:17 — 21.6MB) | Embed
Subscribe: Google Podcasts | Spotify | Email | RSS | More