Of course you’ve had to cancel gigs, and of course you’ve had gigs canceled. But did you feel the same about each of those scenarios?
Listen as Paul and Dave talk through their feelings on cancellations, and how they affect reputations, in general.
Dave had a last-minute gig come up, which led to a rehearsal, which led to a 3-hour drive where he listened to all three of Fling’s EPs…and he shares his reactions to the evolution of that body of work.
Paul had four gigs in as many days, and threw a rehearsal in the middle for good measure. He muses on what it takes to keep a band together, and how that might evolve over time, too.
That’s not all, folks. Your two favorite weekend warriors have a couple of quick hits to share and get your reactions from, as well. Send ’em in to [email protected]
Oh, and always be performing, eh?
- 00:00:00 Gig Gab 373 – Monday, February 13th, 2023
- 00:01:01 Side Door offers $500 to any touring artist showcasing at SXSW or FAI
- 00:02:45 Fling EP Release Surprise at The Stone Church
- 00:04:23 Plans…or NO plans…coming together!
- 00:14:05 Drew comes up!
- 00:15:35 SPONSOR: Capo is the app that gives you song-learning super-powers. In addition to letting you slow-down and loop sections of songs, capo lifts chords, detects beats, and MUCH more. Visit CapoApp.com from SuperMegaUltraGroovy today.
- 00:17:48 The Evolution of Sweet Caroline (In Italy!)
- 00:21:02 Red Cross Plays 80s Music at Blood Drives…Why?
- 00:24:14 Fling’s EPs over time (Demo to Produced!)
- 00:32:06 Canceling on a Club vs. The Club Canceling On You
- Situational Ethics
- What’s Your Band’s Fungibility?
- 00:49:40 Happy Birthday, Nick!
- 00:50:16 GG 373 Outtro
Podcast: Play in new window | Download (Duration: 50:34 — 35.2MB) | Embed
Subscribe: Google Podcasts | Spotify | Email | RSS | More