Sometimes Paul says, “Always Be Performing.” Ok, he always says that. This time, though, Paul says, “Raise Your Damned Prices!”
As working musicians, we need to figure out how to raise our baseline pay. Sure, some of us have figured it out for our specific gigs, and obviously the touring industry has figured it out. But the club gigs are still paying what they used to pay and, well, it’s gotta give!
That’s not all, though. Dave arrived in Austin for SXSW mere hours before recording the show, but he still got a music documentary in under the wire to discuss. That, plus some good gigs had by your two favorite weekend warriors rounds out the show.
- 00:00:00 Gig Gab 376 – Monday, March 13th, 2023
- 00:01:00 What is SXSW?
- 00:11:59 SPONSOR: Bandzoogle — Listeners can go to Bandzoogle.com to try it free for 30 days, and use the promo code “giggab” to get 15% off the first year of any subscription.
- 00:13:52 PODCAST: Unstarving Musician — Listen as Robonzohelps independent musicians better understand the marketing, business and creative processes that empower us to make music and make a living doing it.
- 00:14:43 Raise Your Damned Prices
- 00:38:13 Joan Baez, I am a Noise
- 00:42:56 Good Gigs a Plenty!
- 00:50:06 GG 376 Outtro