When was the last time you just hung out as a band? When bands are touring, this happens all the time. Wedding bands often find themselves spending more time hanging out than playing, just because of the way the schedules often work at those kinds of events. But most bands will get together to rehearse and play gigs…what about spending some downtime together?
Listen as Dave and Paul talk about the benefits of shared downtime, and that conversation evolves into really learning to check in with your band… “reading the tea leaves together” and identifying any potential problem dynamics before they become cancers inside your band.
Finally, Dave has had some good luck and some not so good luck with his studio rig lately…and he shares his findings with all of you.
Press play and enjoy. Oh, and hey… always be performing!
- 00:00:00 Gig Gab 380 – Monday, April 17th, 2023
- 00:01:13 Bitter Pill Spends a Band Day Together
- 00:09:58 SPONSOR: Capo is the app that gives you song-learning super-powers. In addition to letting you slow-down and loop sections of songs, capo lifts chords, detects beats, and MUCH more. Visit CapoApp.com from SuperMegaUltraGroovy today.
- 00:12:07 Sharing the Tea Leaves
- 00:27:53 Be Prepared for All Eventualities
- 00:32:10 Bands are Worth The Effort
- 00:34:59 Stay away from macOS Ventura with Aggregate Audio Devices
- 00:36:42 iZotope Ozone 10 for Mastering
- 00:40:40 GG 380 Outtro