How much weight do you assign to the enjoyment factor when deciding whether or not to take — and how much to charge for — a gig you’re offered? One of Paul’s bands has been leveraging this, and one of his bandmates has an amazing quote about it that you’re going to want to hear!
Listen as Dave and Paul dig into pristine rehearsal sound, in-ear management, the importance of playing cover songs, and even a little bit of gear gab to open your hearts (and wallets, yep!).
Oh, and don’t forget: Always Be Performing!
- 00:00:00 Gig Gab 385 – Tuesday, June 6th, 2023
- 00:01:14 Pristine Rehearsal Sound
- 00:05:21 In-Ear Gab
- 00:08:53 Bose S1 Pro
- Bose S1 Pro+ Battery Powered and Wireless
- 00:10:31 Surprise…Here’s a Sub!
- 00:15:57 SPONSOR: Capo is the app that gives you song-learning super-powers. In addition to letting you slow-down and loop sections of songs, capo lifts chords, detects beats, and MUCH more. Visit CapoApp.com from SuperMegaUltraGroovy today.
- 00:17:24 LISTEN: KEWL.FM. Ever felt the hassle of swapping between different shows just to savor your favorite mix of genres? KEWL.FM feels you…and wants to be your new favorite audio hub.
- 00:18:51 Tempos on stage
- 00:23:58 A good vibe with great players
- “If I wanted to learn your job it would take me six months, if you wanted to learn my job it would take you 25 years.” –Chris Breen
- 00:36:06 The importance of cover songs
- 00:45:34 GG 385 Outtro