A grab bag of topics brings your two favorite weekend warriors together this week, including discussions about setlists, rehearsal techniques, Gear Gab, and the proposal of a whole new scientific theory that very much relates to what we all do here.
Listen as Paul and Dave discuss Nile Rodgers, The Counting Crows, Gretsch Drums, how much space to take up on stage, and a lightning round of fun little stabs to get your creative juices flowing.
Press play, enjoy, and obviously don’t forget: Always Be Performing. Oh, and take care of yourself, too, ok?
- 00:00:00 Gig Gab 396 – Monday, Sept 18th, 2023
- 00:01:59 That Setlist
- 00:06:25 Dashboard Confessional & The Counting Crows
- 00:11:26 Is your summer schedule a tour?
- 00:15:12 Passing Strange Rehearsals
- 00:22:17 Spreading Wide on the stage
- 00:24:38 Lightning Round
- 00:29:00 Dave’s Theory: Setup will take as long as you have
- 00:36:26 Maple (and Poplar) Therapy – Gretsch Brooklyn
- 00:42:26 Drum Racks
- 00:44:46 How is rehearsal time spent?
- 00:56:25 GG 396 Outtro