At some point, every musician (well, except Paul) will go through the process of auditioning for a band. If not that, then you might be part of a band that’s auditioning a new member. The process can be fun, grueling, enlightening, frustrating and unproductive. But it’s a means to an end, and you can make the best of it.
Listen to your two favorite Weekend Warriors talk about their auditioning experiences. Hear what worked, what didn’t, and learn some tricks that Paul and Dave have developed over the years.
- 00:00:00 GigGab 93 – December 5th, 2016
- 00:00:43 Weekend gig debrief
- 00:09:30 Paul Simon
- 00:11:51 Auditioning
- 00:33:35 Be careful how you make your decision
- 00:37:13 Ask about substance use
- 00:38:09 Match the time commitment
- 00:40:44 Have the money talk!
- 00:42:13 As always, GigGab brings it back to common respect