How does your band navigate the concepts of practice, rehearsal, and jamming? Are they all melded into one? Are they separated out? Paul and Dave discuss and dissect this for you. Then it’s time to talk gear, specifically all-in-one tower PAs. Dave and Paul have recently had the opportunity to check out multiple different tower options from Mackie, Bose, JBL, and Fishman and share their views on all of these. Finally, it’s time to talk about the click, no pun intended. Dave’s a little concerned about an upcoming gig where he’ll play with tracks, Paul’s curious about the concept, and that’s a perfect formula for a GigGab! Press play and enjoy.
- 00:00:00 GigGab 101 – February 6, 2017
- 00:00:48 Last Week’s Kenny Aronoff Interview
- 00:02:11 Different Drummers
- 00:02:54 Politics and Music… again!
- 00:12:49 GigTalk
- 00:14:52 How hard is too hard to push new material?
- 00:16:41 Practice vs. Rehearsal vs. Jamming
- 00:19:31 That time Paul and Dave disagreed
- 00:21:23 Tower PA Options Discussed
- 00:36:15 Working with a click
- 00:53:00 Pushing yourself
Podcast: Play in new window | Download (Duration: 55:47 — 26.0MB) | Embed
Subscribe: Google Podcasts | Spotify | Email | RSS | More