Paul put on his acoustic Springsteen tribute show and has many lessons to share from that, including the benefits having an instrument tech on stage to help you. Marketing the event, too, brought more than a few insights, including what you unintentionally wind up doing to market the next event. Dave had an interesting fly-on-the-wall experience with an audition this week that really drove home some important lessons… and your two favorite weekend warriors begin discussing the unspoken language of rock-and-roll. All this and more in this week’s GigGab. Press play, and enjoy!
- 00:00:00 GigGab 109 – Monday, April 3, 2017
- 00:00:42 Paul’s Springsteen Gig
- 00:04:02 Using your setlist to craft the mood
- 00:05:42 The true benefit of having an on-stage instrument tech
- 00:08:29 Ending big!
- The Art Boutiki in San Jose
- 00:10:05 Marketing: The event, in general
- 00:12:26 Marketing: On Facebook
- 00:15:12 Marketing: The personal approach
- 00:19:58 Marketing: During the gig
- 00:21:23 Don’t forget YOUR payoff time
- 00:25:14 Trust that you know your songs
- 00:28:37 Logistics
- 00:31:11 Pick up something when you drop it!
- 00:33:06 Dave’s jam with C-Spot
- 00:40:25 The language of rock-and-roll
- 00:44:16 Dave’s First Uptown Rehearsal
- 00:46:37 GG 109 Outtro
Podcast: Play in new window | Download (Duration: 47:07 — 22.0MB) | Embed
Subscribe: Google Podcasts | Spotify | Email | RSS | More