Episode 110 finds your two favorite working musicians in an interesting headspace, with Dave even joining Paul on the path to truth and honesty and… the musicians’ way! Ever fire a club? Paul did this week, and he lives to tell the tale. When someone compliments your playing, how humble is too humble? Dave shares his thoughts about this… and you might (or might not!) be surprised what he says. Plus, Dave had his first rehearsal with Uptown Celebration… and that started with a major problem. You won’t believe how it ended (actually, you will… it’s all fine… we just couldn’t help ourselves with the clickbait-style phrase!). All this and more in this week’s GigGab!
- 00:00:00 GigGab 110 – Wednesday, April 12, 2017
- 00:01:11 Those pesky day jobs!
- 00:03:30 First rehearsal
- 00:09:40 Developing that band vibe
- 00:12:51 Firing a club
- 00:16:28 Are you entertaining a crowd or bringing a crowd?
- 00:18:57 Beware the respectless relationship
- 00:21:47 Defining your own value
- 00:23:28 It’s ok to be able to play!
- 00:27:10 Avoid false humility, just be truthful and kind.
- 00:29:39 Playing a gig to no one
- Angel of Harlem on the Houserockers Facebook Page
- 00:32:25 Benefits of everyone in your band enjoying the same music
Podcast: Play in new window | Download (Duration: 42:40 — 20.0MB) | Embed
Subscribe: Google Podcasts | Spotify | Email | RSS | More