Your two favorite weekend warriors have been GigGabbing for almost two-and-a-half years, and the time has come to take a little stock in the action. What have Paul and Dave learned? How have their musical lives changed since the inception of the show, and what changes do they anticipate in the near term?
It’s not all introspective, though, folks. There are some solid lessons to learn in this episode, specifically about dealing with multi-band gigs where you need to share a single stage with several other bands. How do you deal with it? What’s the protocol? And how do you make sure you can put your best foot forward in what’s inevitably going to be a non-optimal scenario?
- 00:00:00 GigGab 117 – Monday, May 30, 2017
- 00:00:43 Gig Craziness!
- 00:03:37 Will the theater stuff ever wane?
- 00:06:07 Don’t be a pesty theater parent!
- 00:09:37 Festival-style, multi-band gigs
- 00:13:16 Which gigs do you decline?
- 00:14:20 Always be fighting for the best situation for you/your band
- 00:15:09 It ain’t bragging if you can back it up!
- 00:15:57 Managing the stage with a shared bill
- 00:20:37 Lessons from GigGab – Dave
- 00:24:22 The balancing act
- 00:26:30 Lessons from GigGab – Paul
- 00:28:34 Interview reflections
- 00:30:20 Relatability
- 00:33:38 Shared therapy!