Your two weekend warriors are on the same coast, within miles of each other, so what do they do? Record a podcast remotely like they always do! After all, that’s what they’re comfortable doing, and the best performances come from a place of comfort.
Speaking of that, Paul and Dave spend some time talking about how oddly-comforting it feels being up on stage. That separation from the audience can be one of the safest feelings to a musician.
Before that, though, Dave had his first gig with Uptown Celebration, so that gets discussed. Paul discusses a gig at that club where the audience is a little too close to the “stage”, and your two self-absorbed podcasters discuss the pitfalls of interacting with self-absorbed fans.
All this and more… just press play and enjoy!
- 00:00:00 GigGab 118 – Monday, June 5, 2017
- 00:02:07 Lineup Changes
- 00:09:06 Dave’s first gig with Uptown Celebration
- 00:13:46 Having a dedicated sound engineer
- 00:17:32 Picking songs for the lead singer
- 00:19:56 Stage Ninja
- 00:23:57 Managing
- 00:25:00 Audience members pitching themselves to your band
- 00:27:48 I can’t pretend a stranger is a long-awaited friend
- 00:32:58 Self-absorbed fans
- 00:33:50 Learning requests… for a fee
- 00:36:38 Learning requests… on the fly!
- 00:38:07 The magic of shared musical DNA
- 00:39:38 The safety of the stage
- 00:42:24 GG Outtro