One of the best things that can happen to your band – original or cover – is to gain devoted fans. They’re there at every gig, they are your best form of word-of-mouth promotion, and they make you feel like the rock star you are. But there’s a downside to them, sometimes right at the start. Sometimes that manifests itself before you’ve ever met… and they become KLINGONS!
Listen to Paul and Dave talk through all of this, and how they deal with it. Press play, sit back, and enjoy!
- 00:00:00 GigGab 122 – Monday, July 10, 2017
- 00:00:52 Gigging is like Golfing
- 00:03:00 When you don’t have to deal… it’s Nirvana
- 00:04:23 The opening act for the fireworks
- 00:06:23 The Gigging Automoton
- 00:08:52 When you DO have to deal… where is the limit?
- 00:10:03 Kevin-How to Handle Those Pesky Klingons!
- 00:12:15 Comfort vs. Affability
- 00:15:09 “I can’t pretend a stranger is a long-awaited friend”
- 00:17:03 Dealing with it realistically, respectfully
- 00:20:09 The fan… is not a friend
- 00:21:59 Magic Phrases
- “I have a system”
- “I’ve gotta get some stuff done”
- 00:23:22 Be self-aware, especially when you get it wrong
- 00:25:52 Find ‘em a job!
- But not using a tambourine.
- 00:27:49 …and find your limits
- 00:29:32 GG Outtro
(apologies to the Klingon band, bomwI’pu’, for the reference!)