Paul’s experience with the Los Gatos Music in the Park series over the past 10 weeks has given him a lot to think. What’s the secret to making a band successful? What even defines success? This is the backdrop today as he and Dave talk through all of this… and more. Hear their suggestion for a magic success formula, too. RCPM!
- 00:00:00 GigGab 129 – Monday, August 28, 2017
- 00:03:30 Dave’s Theorum Proven Again!
- 00:04:08 Pop Rocks plays Los Gatos’s Concert Series
- 00:05:05 Watching another band totally rock it!
- Timothy B. Schmit, “Every band is on the verge of breaking up at all times.”
- 00:06:49 Success Metrics
- Dave’s Small Business Show Podcast
- Little Steven, “If you have a good band, protect it with everything you’ve got.”
- 00:10:06 The R.C.P.M. Formula
- 00:10:50 Repertoire
- 00:13:25 Chops
- 00:15:12 Performance
- 00:16:24 Marketing
- 00:19:23 Do you believe your product is worth your price?
- 00:20:27 Promo Materials
- 00:21:56 Beware change! Embrace change!
- 00:25:02 Take your finger off the nuclear button
- 00:26:26 Leaders: are you a benevolent dictator? Should you be?
- 00:28:26 Remember you’ve got to rely on each other
- 00:34:10 Knowing your audience, and catering to them.
- 00:38:06 What’s your scene?
- 00:40:32 Trombone Shorty rocks it!
Podcast: Play in new window | Download (Duration: 43:54 — 20.1MB) | Embed
Subscribe: Google Podcasts | Spotify | Email | RSS | More
John Harp · August 29, 2017 at 9:33 am
Great Show!!! I have been listening for a few months and this is the best discussion I have heard. I have a pending band meeting as this will be the catalyst for improvement. Embrace R.C.P.M. Thank you.
Keep up the great work.
The Soul Papas