Sometimes you’ve gotta replace a bandmate… and sometimes it’s the drummer. Your two favorite band geeks talk through this process in-depth today, exploring both how you find someone (yes, including Craigslist!) and then how you might go about auditioning them. But it’s more than that… how do you get to know them? And what’s does “American Girl” have to do with it? You’ll have to listen to find out!
- 00:00:00 GigGab 131 – Wednesday, Sept 13, 2017
- 00:00:52 Searching for a new drummer
- 00:05:51 We like the same music, we like the same bands, we like the same clothes
- 00:10:12 You drummers are crazy people, I’ll tell you that!
- 00:10:47 Craigslist is great for vetting people
- 00:15:20 Managing the purists
- 00:17:27 Syncing your goals and availability are the most important things
- 00:25:37 Have a well-defined audition process
- 00:29:07 The “American Girl” Litmus Test
- 00:36:29 GG Outtro