When it comes to being a singer, pitch is fundamental to doing it right. But that’s not all there is, and your two Weekend Warriors (and still-working-at-it-every-day singers!) talk through their respective journeys of gaining confidence and functionality in front of the microphone. But first, it’s time to talk about making music your life. It’s like two episodes in one, and Paul and Dave share their thoughts about making a living primarily through music. Could you bring yourself to do it? Listen in and cogitate while your two music geeks talk, then share your thoughts in the comments below or send an email to [email protected] – Always be performing, folks!
- 00:00:00 Gig Gab 143 – Monday, December 4, 2017
- 00:02:46 Market Minimums
- 00:06:40 Willie K
- 00:09:17 What can a fulltime musician make?
- 00:16:54 Making Music Your Life
- 00:20:13 Roger McNmee
- 00:24:44 The Semi-Professional Vocalist
- 00:28:21 It’s not fun to look at yourself in the mirror
- Vocal mechanics
- 00:30:28 Copy-cat singers
- 00:32:13 The path to becoming a proficient vocalist
- 00:34:10 Learning Pitch
- 00:37:00 Taking Lessons
- 00:40:43 Focus on the mechanics…but at the right time!
- 00:42:41 Good harmonies taste good!
- 00:43:30 Expression matters
- Pitch is non-negotiable
- 00:46:17 GG 143 Outtro
Podcast: Play in new window | Download (Duration: 47:03 — 21.9MB) | Embed
Subscribe: Google Podcasts | Spotify | Email | RSS | More