Are you someone who’s trying to break into the music scene? Maybe you took some time off from playing or maybe you’ve never played out. What can you do to get going? Your two favorite weekend warriors were asked this question by a fellow listener and they spend some time exploring all the different ways you can make this transition.
But first, it’s time to talk gigs. It is Gig Gab, after all. Dave played a gig on Christmas night(!), and Paul’s exploring the coffee house scene in his area to see what kinds of experiences he can create.
All this and more on the final Gig Gab episode of 2017!
- 00:00:00 Gig Gab 146 – Monday, December 27, 2017
- 00:01:34 Christmas night Rocky Horror
- 00:05:16 Holiday Gigs
- 00:08:25 Taking the gigs that come in
- 00:10:38 Acoustic Gigs that are truly acoustic
- 00:13:32 Coffee House gigs
- 00:16:17 How to get people to quiet down and listen?
- 00:20:44 Music rooms vs. Restaurants vs. Other venues
- 00:22:40 Ross-How to go about starting from scratch?
- 00:25:36 Jam Nights vs. Gig Nights
- 00:28:04 Hiring your way into the scene
- 00:30:01 The hidden gems
- 00:31:59 A-list cliques
- 00:34:06 Be discerning
- 00:37:08 Craigslist – go audition and get yourself hired
- 00:39:08 Facebook Groups, too
- 00:45:10 GG Outtro
Podcast: Play in new window | Download (Duration: 45:52 — 22.0MB) | Embed
Subscribe: Google Podcasts | Spotify | Email | RSS | More