Is your band for sale? Of course it is! Otherwise you’re not getting paid. And if your band is for sale, then who is the salesperson? Listen to hear your long-time Weekend Warriors put on the relevant parts of their weekDAY hats and talk through their process for selling … anything. There’s lots to learn here this week, folks, and Dave and Paul are on fire with this one!
Then it’s time to answer a question about setlists, this time focused around managing the energy of the room… both while you’re playing and while you’re not.
- 00:00:00 Gig Gab 148 – Monday, January 8, 2018
- 00:00:57 Paul’s Booking Formula
- 00:04:10 Looking at the summer
- 00:07:08 Portraying comfortable confidence
- 00:10:20 Booking bands at the Pro level
- 00:12:45 If your band is great, it’s great. Other bookings are gravy.
- 00:15:45 Be on alert when things are on autopilot
- 00:16:38 Building trust with new booking contacts
- 00:21:00 Leveraging the relationships of all your bandmembers
- 00:25:01 The value of building community
- 00:26:49 48 years?!?!?
- 00:27:58 The value of brotherly-love
- 00:28:25 Integrating someone new into your band
- Getting ready for immediate gigs
- 00:29:56 Learning the back catalog
- 00:32:42 Adding new tunes, too!
- Chart Check!
- 00:36:34 Record your shows
- 00:38:19 Dan-Driving the energy with your setlist and flow?
- 00:40:53 The flow of the set
- 00:41:39 Feel out the band
- 00:45:58 Own your own destiny
- 00:47:21 Make sure to warmup!
- 00:49:32 Harness the energy
- 00:50:44 But learn the energy first!
- 00:52:11 Managing the breaks!
- 00:54:24 Learn the way the room flow