Paul and Dave each had experiences – from both sides of the “rail” this week – with that concept where musicians need to manage what’s going on inside their bodies while on stage. They talk through Paul’s first gig with the Houserockers new drummer, and Dave’s experience watching seasoned, Grammy-winning professionals … all of which deal with the fact that every musician on any stage – at any pay rate – is simply a human that has to deal with being human!
Then it’s on to some new gear, starting with some in-ear monitors Dave found at CES for less than $25! Paul asks about the new Boss KATANA AIR amplifier, too. All of this on Gig Gab!
- 00:00:00 Gig Gab 149 – Monday, January 15, 2018
- 00:00:48 First Houserockers Gig
- 00:03:12 Managing your adrenaline (individually and as a band)
- 00:05:23 …and managing the transitional arc of the band
- 00:07:21 Be careful of the second gig!
- 00:09:05 When pocket is prevalent, you’re rolling!
- 00:11:05 Las Vegas Parties
- 00:13:26 Sick on Stage
- 00:14:37 Do you tell people when you’re sick?
- 00:17:59 Why color the gig?
- 00:19:44 Stage respect
- 00:22:55 Ever been sick on stage?
- 00:24:48 Dealing with it.
- 00:27:22 Finding things at CES
- 00:29:10 Advanced S2000 at CES
- 00:33:54 Boss’s new Katana Air
- Sony Guitar Wireless System
- LINE6 Guitar Wireless System
- Shure Wireless System
- 00:36:47 Dolores O’Riordan Passed Away
- 00:37:00 GG Outtro
Podcast: Play in new window | Download (Duration: 38:00 — 18.0MB) | Embed
Subscribe: Google Podcasts | Spotify | Email | RSS | More