Have you ever thought about traveling with you band? How about putting together a band whose only purpose is to travel? You two favorite weekend warriors talk all about this just for you. And, as should happen at the center of any conversation about booking gigs, it’s expressly decided that praise should always go to the go-getters out there booking the gigs that we all love to play.
Moving on from that, the concept of groove within the structure of an acoustic setting is discussed. Do you know who the drummer is? Both Paul and Dave agree on this point, and they discuss exactly why that’s the case!
Press play and enjoy, friends. This one’s guaranteed to be a fun ride!
- 00:00:00 Gig Gab 153 – Monday, February 12, 2018
- 00:01:24 Dave fell!
- 00:02:11 Trubble’s vacation
- 00:05:47 Traveling YOUR band around
- 00:08:58 Local travel – How far is too far?
- 00:10:30 Have agreed-upon criteria for accepting a gig
- 00:11:16 The cost of developing a new geography
- 00:12:30 The headache of planning a tour
- 00:13:55 Praise to the Go-Getters
- 00:16:44 The Macworld All-Star Band Reunion Show?
- Save the date: January 26, 2019
- 00:18:01 Pickup Shows with “PK & Friends”
- 00:22:10 The “Risk” of cohabitating with your band on the road
- 00:25:44 Re-mixing the chemistry of your band
- 00:27:58 The excitement of change
- 00:28:45 More reps equal success
- 00:32:09 The groove of acoustic music
- 00:36:31 Acoustic Guitar drives the bus
- 00:38:42 Prince Cream Acoustic
- 00:39:18 Find a place in your body to feel the groove
- 00:42:19 Eastman Guitars
- Paul’s been playing an Eastman T-486
- 00:46:10 Look for the little guys
- 00:47:21 GG 153 Outtro