Sometimes a cascading series of bad events turns into a great night, and Paul’s got a story that at least starts this way. You’ll have to listen to hear how it ends!
Your two favorite weekend warriors also share some tips on not only how to get paid, but when to get paid, and how to do it efficiently and keep it from getting weird.
All this – and more – just press play and enjoy!
- 00:00:00 Gig Gab 155 – Monday, February 26, 2018
- 00:01:12 Monetizing Gig Gab!
- 00:03:35 Far away… gigs.
- 00:05:32 Reaffirming your agreements
- 00:07:15 Always get a contract? Yes! Sort of…
- 00:08:31 When things change on the day of the gig?
- 00:12:14 When is it time to walk?
- 00:13:15 SPONSOR: TuneLicensing.com – GigGab2018 saves you 15% off licensing fees
- 00:17:10 Is it a gig, or a cascading series of bad events?
- 00:19:24 How does it end?
- 00:21:12 The benefits of early payment
- 00:25:51 Cashing out at the end of the night
- 00:26:52 Don’t be weird about money!
- 00:27:59 Count the money
- 00:29:57 A cancellation deal
- 00:35:20 Pay in advance leaves room for tips
- 00:36:26 Tipping for sit-ins
- 00:38:46 Being able to take requests
- 00:39:53 Mad Haus – Mar
- 00:40:57 Second Line and Zydeco Drum Grooves
- 00:43:38 Healed-up and Return to Playing!