Rock gigs always bring out the best from your two favorite weekend warriors, and this week had Paul and Dave experiencing some real highlights. There’s always something to be learned from every gig, isn’t there?
Really, though, it all comes down to awareness and having an honest conversation with your audience. That starts on stage, of course, but it can very much continue when you’re not even in the same room together. Paul and Dave talk through all of this and more. You’re definitely not going to want to miss this one!
- 00:00:00 Gig Gab 158 – Monday, March 26, 2018
- 00:01:49 Dave’s on 10th Avenue (and he’s being froze out!)
- 00:02:52 Signing the Sound Document
- 00:07:37 Keeping the volume low
- 00:08:58 Managing the flow of the evening
- 00:11:00 When your gut says stop, just stop.
- 00:13:20 Many Lessons Learned
- 00:13:58 Flingfest
- 00:15:51 Adding New Tunes
- 00:17:13 Manging the Flow
- 00:21:30 Finding your place with each song
- 00:23:13 The “Sir Duke” Challenge!
- 00:26:11 “The Part” is not always re-creatable live
- “Shake Your Body Down To The Ground”
- 00:30:08 The Butt-Moving Litmus Test
- 00:31:16 Doing Your Job as a cover band
- 00:34:56 SPONSOR: TuneLicensing.com – GigGab2018 saves you 15% off licensing fees
- 00:37:12 Flinco-de-Mayo, a four-walled, original night
- SXSW, So Many Original Bands, So Inspirational
- 00:41:12 Developing your personal musical representation
- 00:43:41 The path where everything is low-hanging fruit
- 00:44:30 Establish trust based upon fun, good music, and… more?
- 00:46:19 Mailing lists to cultivate and maintain your personal brand
- 00:47:44 Conversation with your audience
- 00:50:40 Know your path!
- 00:51:42 Gig Gab 158 Outtro