Every time you take the stage, you have an audience out there waiting for you to deliver. In fact, the expectation is for you to do exactly that. How aware of this are you? How much do you focus on ensuring this happens, even in the event of trainwrecks and other, on-stage surprises?
Paul and Dave have a little experience with feeling the pressure to deliver for an audience, and they share these thoughts with you… the Gig Gab audience (they deliver!).
Press play, listen, and enjoy!
- 00:00:00 Gig Gab 159 – Monday, April 2, 2018
- 00:01:10 Loose Gigs
- “No Fighting at the Gig”
- 00:04:00 Handling trainwrecks
- 00:07:57 The vibe that creeps through your band
- 00:09:06 Calculating Confrontation
- 00:12:10 They deserve the best that we can give them
- 00:14:53 Your reaction to the loose night defines your professionalism
- 00:16:54 New tunes can be energizing!
- 00:19:12 Mad Haus
- Dress professional, become professional
- The noise of the crowd changes everything.
- Not ready to watch the videos yet.
- 00:25:33 Mental mistakes vs. physical mistakes
- 00:27:29 There’s always something to learn
- 00:28:14 Mad Haus – Forget the last song, worry about the next one
- 00:29:56 SPONSOR: TuneLicensing.com – GigGab2018 saves you 15% off licensing fees
- 00:32:34 Sub Rant!
- 00:37:10 The implied commitment to your audience
- 00:38:07 pK and Friends Classic Rock Night
- 00:39:32 Those Melvins – 25 years and people still singing every word
- 00:44:22 Who is your band’s mentor?
- 00:46:44 Next episode: Song Style Selection
- 00:48:33 Quick Tip-Learn to invert your iPad’s colors
- 00:51:50 Your Job is to Know 1,000 Songs
- 00:52:35 Don’t watch your iPad
- 00:53:41 GG 159