Is naturally good enough for you and your crowd? And are you the kind of musician for whom “good enough” would suffice in any other aspect of what you’re doing on stage?
Paul and Dave spend some time today talking through what it means to be a performer and begin answering some of these questions… or at least begin asking them in a way that will make you think.
- 00:00:00 Gig Gab 162 – Monday, April 23, 2018
- 00:02:21 Springsteen Songs are Weird to Play in a Dance Band
- 00:05:51 Teaching people Cover Songs that Matter to You
- 00:07:51 Learning from the Live Versions
- 00:11:22 Know who you are as a band
- 00:15:25 Using tracks for sounds
- 00:19:00 Is it pure to play with a track?
- 00:21:50 Performance 101 Tips
- 00:23:21 The Soloist Spotlight
- 00:27:14 Always Be Performing!
- 00:29:07 The benefit – and curse – of watching your own performances
- 00:31:43 Performance 101 Cheat Sheet
- Be Engaged on Stage
- Interact with your bandmates
- Don’t telegraph clams
- 00:37:41 Look the part… but look the same
- 00:41:31 Does your band have a Mission Statement?
- 00:44:21 Know Your Commitments
- 00:46:20 Know your hand signals
- 00:47:19 Think about the sound in the room
- Think about how you look
- 00:48:41 SPONSOR: TuneLicensing.com – GigGab2018 saves you 15% off licensing fees
- 00:51:14 Treat performance as another skill to develop
- 00:54:11 GG 162 Outtro