Today, Paul and Dave jump from subject to subject in a seemingly random fashion (hint: whatever they write next, it was random). But it’s never truly random, is it? Nope. This one is about ego. Seeing egos on stage, managing your own ego, when to have one, when to suppress it, and when to use strobe lights to manufacture it! (Ok, you’re going to have to listen for the explanation on that last bit).
But really, the big question to be answered is: what are hackles?
(No, seriously. They ask this question like three times in the episode. Just send them an email at email@example.com so they don’t ask again next week!)
All this – and much, much more – in Gig Gab today. Download, press play, and enjoy!
- 00:00:00 Gig Gab 166 – Monday, May 21, 2018
- 00:01:00 RANT ON: “Best party band”
- 00:04:43 What are hackles?
- 00:06:37 Richard Ashcroft – Tuning his guitar
- 00:10:36 Liam Gallagher
- 00:13:26 Strobe Lights
- 00:15:26 Don’t forget about the lights!
- 00:18:20 Thunderpussy – What’s in a name?
- 00:21:41 Filling your Calendar vs. Getting your Price
- 00:27:52 Communicating with Confidence, Not Cockiness
- 00:30:11 Watch your tone!
- 00:33:51 When to fill the schedule?
- 00:38:17 GG 166 Outtro