How tough do the tough conversations get in your band? Today Paul and Dave talk through some of their experiences with that, especially as it relates to band members relative preparedness levels. Yeah, that’s a mouthful, and that’s not all there is in this episode.
Your two favorite weekend warriors have been busy. Paul’s been digging into what it takes to raise your price, and he and Dave talk through that. Dave’s been busy with two tech weeks happening simultaneously this week… and that meant he ignored one of his superstitions… and got caught!
Hear all about this and more during Gig Gab. Press play and enjoy!
- 00:00:00 Gig Gab 167 – Monday, May 28, 2018
- 00:01:57 Double Tech Week
- 00:07:06 Too Much Monkey Business… and Too Much 50s Music
- 00:08:58 Superstitions
- 00:12:38 Improvising Solutions in the Moment
- 00:15:21 Raising the Pricing Bar
- Believe the price for which you’re selling
- 00:18:16 Set the price
- 00:22:33 Understand your leverage
- 00:24:20 Quoting The Brilliant Professional Billy Joel
- 00:28:07 Tough Conversations
- “Everybody does the same work”
- 00:35:50 Spot-checking vs. Illuminating Unpreparedness
- 00:38:31 Rehearsal is not the place where you learn the song
- 00:41:24 Learn what corners to cut
- 00:44:20 GG 167