“Hey, would you like to do a project together?” It’s easy when your answer is “yes,” but what happens when it’s not? How do you deal with this now-difficult scenario? Paul and Dave talk through all of this for you today. We’re not sure they come up with the magic answer, but there might be a magic phrase or two that they share.
Then Paul nudges Dave into talking about playing “behind the beat” and what that all means. Do you know? Do they? You’ll have to listen to find out! Press play, download, and enjoy!
- 00:00:00 Gig Gab 168 – Monday, June 4, 2018
- 00:01:04 The Art of “No”
- 00:04:57 Be Honest
- 00:07:39 Watch social cues
- 00:10:17 Educating someone
- 00:16:30 “What do you have in mind?”
- 00:21:29 Framing your Nos (not your Nose)
- 00:24:00 SPONSOR: Simple Contacts – Save $30 Off Your First Order with GIGGAB
- 00:26:16 Dead and Company
- 00:29:00 Oteil Burbridge, Jeff Chimenti, John Mayer
- 00:32:48 Kreutzmann’s playing Behind the Beat
- 00:41:55 Paul’s playing in a Fogerty Tribute
- 00:43:50 GG 168