You have the power to control your audience.
Well, kind of. You have the power to choose how you emote on stage, and there’s a lot of power behind choosing happy songs. Paul and Dave talk about this, and how to go about it. But that’s not all… outdoor gigs, goals vs. systems, and Dave’s process for learning and rehearsing for The Who’s Tommy are all part of this week’s show. Press play and enjoy!
- 00:00:00 Gig Gab 172 – Monday, July 2, 2018
- 00:01:21 Sweatin’ on Stage
- 00:01:45 Playing on the beach!
- 00:04:49 Managing competition vs. respect
- 00:07:24 “How can I earn more of your business?”
- 00:10:38 Some fans like clubs, everyone likes outdoor gigs!
- 00:16:00 Goals vs. Systems
- 00:18:00 Chicken vs. Egg in Band-related Systems
- 00:19:47 Paul’s 90s upcoming night
- 00:25:21 Choosing Happy Songs
- 00:30:15 US Senate Passes Music Modernization Act
- 00:33:33 The wives’ perspective
- 00:34:28 Tommy rehearsals
- 00:44:20 Drummers to replace Keith Moon
- 00:50:06 GG 172 Outtro
Podcast: Play in new window | Download (Duration: 50:39 — 35.8MB) | Embed
Subscribe: Google Podcasts | Spotify | Email | RSS | More