Every show has a theme, and after your two favorite Weekend Warriors took a week off from podcasting, they’ve had a lot to think about. It’s no surprise, then, that the theme of this episode is thinking. When is thinking good, and when is it bad? How many gigs is too many, and what should you be thinking about during, before, and after each one?
What happens when someone else shares their thoughts with you? Paul Kent and Dave Hamilton share all of this – and more – on Gig Gab for you this week.
- 00:00:00 Gig Gab 174 – Monday, July 23, 2018
- 00:02:14 The value and privilege of prep time
- 00:06:05 Sometimes you play the show, sometimes it plays you!
- 00:08:27 Your brain is not your friend
- 00:09:47 Hamilton’s Law – Once you go to the brain, you’re dead
- Jaco Pastorius: “Don’t think so much, man, just concentrate.”
- 00:10:43 Learning to trust your gut and feel
- 00:15:02 Telegraphing your feelings on the performance immediately after the show
- 00:16:16 Dissecting with family
- 00:17:51 When the dissection goes sideways
- 00:21:28 What’s your note-delivery vibe!
- Phish’s “No Analysis” rule
- 00:27:36 You’re not reading each other’s minds all the time
- 00:31:11 Playing the 90’s
- Classic Albums: Nevermind
- 00:42:20 Sometimes changing the song is the best way to stay true to it
- 00:46:44 The intricacies of 90’s tunes.
- 00:51:32 GG 174 Outtro
Podcast: Play in new window | Download (Duration: 51:58 — 36.1MB) | Embed
Subscribe: Google Podcasts | Spotify | Email | RSS | More