Your comfort level on stage can make or break your performance in so many ways, including how both you and the crowd each perceive the outcome. How do you do it? What tricks can you employ to lean towards success? What’s the magic formula? And, most importantly, what should you avoid?
Paul and Dave talk through all this and more. Press play, listen, learn, and enjoy!
- 00:00:00 Gig Gab 178 – Monday, August 20, 2018
- 00:01:00 Shoulder Ribbing
- 00:01:59 Last-minute gigs
- 00:05:25 How under-rehearsed is … just right?
- 00:09:08 Managing comfort level
- 00:11:00 Pulling out the old favorites
- 00:13:16 Managing public appearances
- 00:16:15 Beware the telegraphing!
- 00:18:14 “Playing Music” vs. “Working Music”
- 00:19:38 Uplifting Music
- 00:24:34 Rock and Roll National Anthem
- 00:25:46 Contracted sound
- 00:27:06 PSA: Beware changing EQ when using In-Ears
- 00:28:02 The power of Bill continues
- 00:31:26 Don’t take anything for granted
- 00:34:34 You gotta earn it every night
- 00:37:13 When do you just keep the band happy?
- 00:45:03 Four gigs in 48 Hours
- 00:48:03 Rehearsing Ronstadt
- 00:50:14 The cost is not the barrier
- 00:53:04 GG 178 Outtro
Podcast: Play in new window | Download (Duration: 53:30 — 37.1MB) | Embed
Subscribe: Google Podcasts | Spotify | Email | RSS | More