Ever wake up the morning of a gig too nervous to do the gig? Does your band have signals or a plan for when a uninvited guest graces your stage? Do you understand the difference between a contractor and an employee?
Have you never thought about any of these things? Paul and Dave have, and they work hard in today’s episode to distill it all down into examples that mean something for you and your musical career.
Press play, download, and enjoy!
- 00:00:00 Gig Gab 182 – Monday, September 17, 2018
- 00:00:49 Fall vs. Indian Summer
- 00:02:59 Anxiety of a New Gig
- 00:06:25 Setlist vs. Songlist
- 00:12:47 Engaging the crowd
- 00:15:15 Leveraging social media to build your setlist
- 00:19:40 Honoring one-off requests
- 00:21:23 Dan-When fans are inappropriate – The Gender Concern
- 00:27:30 Who is the bad guy?
- 00:31:43 Who are you?
- 00:35:43 Employee vs. contractor
- 00:45:04 Licensing Songs – who pays?
- 00:47:57 Is a band a contractor?
- 00:51:51 Does your band carry insurance?
- 00:53:23 GG 182 Outtro
Podcast: Play in new window | Download (Duration: 54:26 — 37.9MB) | Embed
Subscribe: Google Podcasts | Spotify | Email | RSS | More