In what key should you play Happy Birthday? How do you count the intros of Drive My Car and Glory Days? Answering the important questions: Paul Kent and Dave Hamilton.
Then it’s on to the magic of the groove and how to find the mojo inside the songs you’re playing… how to be inside the songs you’re playing.
And then wrapping up with some details about the songs that both Dave and Paul will be playing soon! All this on Gig Gab Podcast.
- 00:00:00 Gig Gab 183 – Monday, September 24, 2018
- 00:01:07 Happy Birthday in the Key of F
- 00:03:05 Bundling with a song
- 00:04:17 Ruining Let’s Get it On
- 00:05:39 Counting the Drive My Car Intro
- 00:10:53 The Glory Days intro
- 00:19:11 Carl Allen – The Art of Elvin
- 00:27:05 The magic of drumming
- 00:30:21 Feeling the groove
- 00:32:40 Find the mojo in the songs that you’re playing
- 00:34:06 Embody the groove
- 00:36:23 Back to Glory Days!
- 00:37:39 Rehearsal Saturday: theater, sight reading.
- 00:40:59 Talented, Eclectic people
- 00:44:20 Paul’s Playing a Linda Rondstadt Tribute
- 00:49:26 Next week: Iterating on the Task of being a musician
- 00:50:07 GG 183 Outtro
Podcast: Play in new window | Download (Duration: 50:47 — 35.3MB) | Embed
Subscribe: Google Podcasts | Spotify | Email | RSS | More
Amanda Dane · September 25, 2018 at 12:24 am
Always love hearing your thoughts and expertise 🙂