Your weekend warriors love gear as much as the next musician, so they each take some time to talk through a few things on their Gigging Christmas Wishlists. But first, it’s time for a few discussions.
Do you have trouble memorizing your lyrics? The guys talk through their tips and strategies for that… as well as commiserating about how difficult some tunes can be to internalize!
Paul then talks Dave through the process of building setlists that are satisfying to everyone, band and audience alike. The priorities involved in this process are varied and treacherous, and a few wrong steps can land your band in a bad spot with not only audiences, but amongst yourselves, too.
All this and more!
- 00:00:00 Gig Gab 194 – Monday, December 17, 2018
- 00:01:07 Dave’s Roped into that Hedwig gig
- 00:02:07 The Mad Haus End of the World Mayhem
- 00:05:51 A better lyric memorization science
- 00:12:38 Being on the same page as a band
- 00:18:04 Satisfying Setlists
- 00:29:37 Defining Time to Shine
- 00:35:46 Prioritize Buy-in
- 00:37:57 The Africano/Power Lesson
- 00:47:11 Xmas Wish List
- Paul: Kemper Profiler
- Dave: PitchSlap Wearable Cajon
- Paul: Nomad Rechargable Pedal Board
- Dave: Turbosound Inspire IP2000
- Paul: Gator 6-Guitar Case
- Dave: Paiste Signature 15” Crash
- 00:55:13 GG 194 Outtro
Podcast: Play in new window | Download (Duration: 55:50 — 39.5MB) | Embed
Subscribe: Google Podcasts | Spotify | Email | RSS | More