Some of the greatest art comes from an artist who trusts themselves, regardless of what others are saying, and just puts it out there. This, of course, can happen in many different forms. In music, it can be the guy who came up with an infectious piano groove to change a hit song to his liking, a songwriter who hones his tunes to perfection, a songwriter who took what she liked to hear and morphed it into her own, or in a live setting the band that trusts themselves enough to use one mic for their entire setup.
Whatever it is, confidence stems from delivering what you know is right, and your two favorite weekend warriors talk through a few examples of this they’ve come across as of late. Listen as Paul Kent and Dave Hamilton share their thoughts on all this and more. Press play… and enjoy. And remember… (say it together, now) always be performing!
- 00:00:00 Gig Gab 200 – Monday, February 11, 2019
- 00:02:10 Four electric gigs in one weekend!
- 00:04:32 Mike-199-Closing Your Eyes… and Feeling the Music
- Brad Madix
- 00:13:02 199-Feelin’ Alright Piano Player: Artie Butler
- 00:15:15 SPONSOR: ExpressVPN – ExpressVPN.com/GIGGAB gets you 3 months free with your 1-year subscription
- 00:18:09 Grammy’s Diss Rock!
- Top 25 Tours of 2018
- 00:25:29 Kenny Loggins on Daryl’s House (2016)-The Commitment to Songwriting Perfection
- 00:35:27 Hoot and Holler in Burlington
- 00:39:00 Gig Gab 200 Outtro
Podcast: Play in new window | Download (Duration: 40:02 — 28.1MB) | Embed
Subscribe: Google Podcasts | Spotify | Email | RSS | More