Music is about emotion, and passion, and expression, and so many other intangible things. But how do you get there? What are the mechanics that it takes to make this happen? This is where Paul and Dave’s inspiration comes from for today’s episode.
How do you deal with playing with musicians for the first time? How do you deal with playing withOUT musicians for the first time? Are you playing music or making music?
And where the heck are you supposed to put that danged iPad?
These are the important questions, folks, and your two favorite weekend warriors endeavor to answer them for you!
- 00:00:00 Gig Gab 202 – Monday, February 25, 2019
- 00:00:55 Happy Four Years! And thanks!
- 00:04:00 No Matter What, Own the Gig, Don’t Just Survive It
- 00:11:50 The Superstition Detour
- 00:14:54 The value of stripping things apart
- 00:16:24 How good is your band?
- 00:23:10 The Mechanics of a Pick-Up Band
- 00:30:03 Making Music vs. Playing Music
- 00:40:20 Neal Schon’s Time Machine Tour
- 00:42:19 Bill-iPad on Stage?
- 00:49:38 A Time and a Place for the iPad
- 00:55:14 Smart Phone Etiquette
- 01:00:00 Go with the flow, or Choose your best path?
- 01:02:00 GG 202 Outtro