What do you do when you’re approached by someone at a gig who wants more than just a friendly hello? How about dealing with a booking agent who makes promises they won’t keep? Do you sell merchandise (versus just having merchandise you can’t sell)? And… what do you do to keep yourself inspired as a player?
Listen as Paul Kent and Dave Hamilton, your two favorite weekend warriors, talk through all of this and more.
- 00:00:00 Gig Gab 203 – Monday, March 4, 2019
- 00:00:56 Mad Haus Stories
- 00:01:41 Fist Bump to The Rescue!
- 00:08:45 The Stage Adds 10-Degrees of Desirability
- 00:13:25 Managing the Booking Deals You Cut
- 00:17:00 The art of negotiating
- 00:23:40 The Consistently Incorrect Strike Zone of Booking Agents
- 00:28:04 Merchandise
- 00:38:47 Finding that relaxation when playing
- 00:42:56 Realizing you can do more
- 00:47:29 Beware the Lowest Common Denominator
- 00:54:15 GG 203