Your instruments are important to you, so you’ve got to take care of them – and that includes your voice. Paul and Dave talk through some recent troubles Dave’s been having, and then move on to properly caring for your audiences, too. It’s important to understand who your audience is at each gig, and what their expectations are. Sometimes it’s not about you… or your desired stage volume!
Finally, Dave saw a few cool things at SXSW that he brought home to tell you all about. You won’t want to miss this one, folks!
- 00:00:00 Gig Gab 206 – Monday, April 1, 2019
- 00:00:45 Dave’s Throat Hurts!
- 00:10:31 Care and Feeding of Your Instrument
- 00:13:36 Corporate Gig Dynamics
- 00:18:55 Design your sound for the gig ahead of time
- 00:25:02 The volume pissing match
- 00:27:29 It’s Not About You – It’s About the Volume
- 00:34:40 Do you prepare for low volume? Let us know! email@example.com
- 00:36:43 SXSW: Single – Artist, Label, and Record Store Tools for Shopify
- 00:40:31 SXSW: SoundStorming
- 00:43:36 SXSW: Who Let The Dogs Out?
- 00:47:29 Vocal Warm-ups
- 00:52:14 Gig Gab 206 Outtro