When things are good you don’t think about it, but when the feel of your instrument in your hands changes… nothing else matters. That goes for what you hear in your ears, too. So much of playing music is a visceral experience, and any distractions there can really take you off your game.
Listen to your two favorite (and geeky!) musicians talk through some of their specifics in this regard, including Dave’s potential “Holy Grail” drumsticks. But first, one must examine not only the perspective of humility, but the value of the singalong. Paul and Dave walk through all this and more, plus a listener tip, too!
Press play and enjoy. Oh, and Always Be Performing!
- 00:00:00 Gig Gab 207 – Monday, April 15, 2019
- 00:01:00 The perspective of humility
- 00:02:39 The job of the on-stage leader
- 00:08:21 New mixer in the studio – Behringer UFX1204
- 00:10:48 Mad Haus Tribute to (the) Queen
- 00:18:20 The Value of the Singalong
- 00:21:13 Andy-CSF-Boso Drumsticks
- 00:29:52 SPONSOR: Bandzoogle: Built by musicians for musicians, Bandzoogle makes it easy to build a beautiful website for your music. Try for free for 30 days, then use promo code “giggab” to get 15% off your first year.
- Check out Paul’s Bandzoogle site at svhouserockers.com
- 00:34:14 Uptown Celebration’s continued evolution
- 00:38:05 Experiencing the guitar player… who plays a horn instead!
- 00:42:26 “Let me tell you about horn players in general…”
- 00:47:28 Competing with The Weather
- 00:49:39 Gig Gab 207 Outtro